Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Free Schematic Wv10d6

help themselves




"Brother, this your bike?"
"Yes! You like? "
" Ah, its nice. Thats my bike brother "
Siva was proud of his seat at the front desk on the blue Honda scooter which was parked on the driveway. I turned around and saw the vehicle. It was not an ordinary scooter, but had a total of 4 wheels. One at the front and three behind. Without a thought how to waste it, I simply asked: "Why you have a 4 Wheeler

Siva grinned at me, grabbed a crutch beside him, pushed up from his chair hangelte, on his crutch a few feet in my direction, turned around and pulling himself back into his chair.
"Polio, brother"

This was my first introduction to the 22 year old Siva Kumar about 6 weeks. Even if the first contact was my turn, less sensitive, but it can be regarded as a success:
I have his name can be the first to Remember!
The weeks after, I saw regularly sit at the front desk. Time morning, noon, evening. Time alone with a book, sometimes with other "College Boy's". It is normal for the young people to participate in the project live in certain areas. Whether in the kitchen or as Shiva to just the reception. They are paid to give small-time jobs to young students of Navajeevan independence and responsibility.

Last Friday afternoon I drove into the courtyard of the main building, turned off my bike and went over to Siva, who stood with crutches in front of his extravagant scooter.
"Whats the problem?"
"It's damaged"
want of English words, turned Siva simply enter the engine. As I listened to the engine noise interested was clear: This makes transmission is not much longer.
It sounded even after I shredded the gears and the scooter would not move more inches. When he told me it would cost a new gear with built-1500R,
I did not know whether I should laugh or cry. 1500R correspond to about 25 €.
25 € for a new transmission plus installation is a joke! But I already knew it would be an exorbitant price for Siva.
To be sure I asked Siva as much for his side job at the reception as yields.
"100r by Week" (which is 1 € and a little bit and it is for gasoline)
At that moment, I would like him the 1500R is simply pressed into the hand and sent him on his scooter to a garage.
But apart from that it is forbidden for us, money is one type, as an employee, not my job.

As in the following conversation turned out, the scooter would anyway be subject of a major overhaul. Price: 5000R (about 85 €) The scooter is not old (it is a 2000s, my companions one from 1994!) But he just waited for lack of money.

Every weekday morning at 7:30 Siva goes to college, and at 12:30 back to Navajeevan. The college is at the other end of town. Although simple wheelchair here in India are quite accustomed to it is still too far away to an "Indian wheelchair" to drive. The ride in a wheelchair, back and forth, every day would last for 1-2 hours one way. And in the Indian market, it would also happen to be very dangerous.
Long story short, Siva is dependent on its particular role!


Now I stood before Siva with his scooter and recognized the predicament in which he was. My idea for it just to bring everyone tomorrow with my bike to college and turn it into hollow there was less useful, and sprang rather from my helplessness.

What they say in such a situation?
"Well Shiva, as you will probably nothing left but a correspondence course or the reception as a full time job? The
these bitter moments ...

Since I have not released the cause with his scooter, I have decided in Germany to seek a sponsor for the repair. Anyone who is interested in the fact that Shiva continues to have some independence and can drive to college every day, may contact us at flopeto@googlemail.com. Shiva has written to me ever so slightly like a fact sheet. Once I've deciphered it, I paste it here:)
It's about the whole thing, the amount at which about 100 € for a new transmission (about 1500R = 25 €) and a major (Approx. € 5000R = 85) is used.

Greetings from India to Siva and me;)


ps.

Name: Siva Kumar
Class: BA final Year
Study Topics: English, Journalism, Psychology
Age: 26-2-1989 (22)
College Timing: 8:00 to 12:30

0 comments:

Post a Comment